SailNet Community - View Single Post - For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30

Paul,
Excellent advice! That's basically the approach I've taken - I can make her pretty later, but she needs "good bones". The Allmand seems to have those.

I REALLY liked the looks of the Pearson 323, and the Endeavour 32's. I know they are different boats, but they have some similarities to me. They are also in a "sweet spot" as far as size goes - not too big, not too small for a family of 4. There was no way I could get the Pearson owner down to my price. I tried!

There's an Endeavour 32 on Barnegat Bay that someone wants to sell me. She's a little more than I want to spend, though, and she'll need some work. In the end, I think the Allmand is the better choice. I'll have some costs associated with moving her from Deltaville to NJ, but hopefully those will be less than the difference in price between the two boats. Plus, there are some other advantages to the Allmand that I won't have with the Endeavour.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook