SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailing a spiritual experience
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: sailing a spiritual experience

Hey Dylan, nice to see you, so to speak.

This comes down to the old "I'm not religious but I am spiritual" discussion which we won't go into here cos the thread will end up banished to Off Topic.

However, even the hardest of hearts, in the most cynical of rodents cannot but be moved by the wonders we see around us. I look on this in the same way I can be moved by music, the written word, film, naked women and small fluffy animals. Not I hasten to add all at the same time.

There are of course few things more likely to stir the inner self than being on board a boat, camping out in a wilderness or simply sitting on a beach at dawn. On a boat it can be dawn breaking after a wild night at sea, dolphins playing in the phosphorescence as you drift through a dead calm sea or sunset in a perfect anchorage. For us, all that in the last few weeks and a boat is a damn fine platform for such reverie. Belief in sky pixies, not necessary.

Cheers DW.

Andrew B

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook