SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best/cheapest place to get G10 grp boards?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Best/cheapest place to get G10 grp boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
I just used the search engine here to search for "G10" and it came back with no, zero, nada results. Interestingly there are posts with "G10" in the title. WTF is wrong with this search engine?
So, my question is, for the DIY, cheapskate boat handyman, where is the best (read: cheapest) place to order boards of "G10" material from?

I have a re-core project coming up for my boat and I'd like to use G10 instead of plywood. I have considered using bits of damaged FRP from the many boats that were damaged and broken by H'cane Sandy but can't seem to get my hands on enough material. If someone knows where there is a large amount of broken FRP I'd be interested in that too.

Cheers.
Caleb,

Unless this is for small areas directly under deck hardware I would strongly advise against G10 for a core.

It is great stuff but it is VERY, VERY heavy, very, very in-flexible, does not have any kerfs cut into it, it DESTROYS saw blades, and is VERY expensive. No problem using it under deck hardware but I would use end grain balsa for the rest of it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook