So, I lost my T33 to Sandy and have been looking for a replacement. I found a boat down in Annapolis very close to where the T33 was purchased. I had run into the broker at the Boat Show a few times over the years and gave him a call letting him know that I was back in the market. He offered to act as the buying agent if I found a boat of interest. He's a great guy and went above and beyond what commission he would be making. If you're looking, contact me back channel and I'd be happy to get you in touch with him.
Long story short, I made an offer on a boat that was listed by a different broker. I went through the usually back and forth negotiations on the price through my broker. The final offer sent by text message was accepted. This was on Friday 2/1. The selling broker had my signed YBA Purchase and Sale Agreement from the initial offer made on 1/30 and a 10% escrow deposit.
On Saturday 2/2, the YachtWorld listing was updated to "Sale Pending".
Over the last week, I've been going back and forth on the inventory included and when the acceptance and closing dates would be. On Wednesday 2/6, I received the signed Agreement although the buyer did pencil in some changes. I did not acknowledge the changes.
Tonight, I've been informed that the selling broker presented another offer to the owner of the boat at a higher price.
Trying to put emotions aside (obviously I'm pissed off)
. What are my options if any? I'm not going to get into bidding war. At the very least, I feel this is highly unethical behavior on the part of the selling broker. Thoughts?