SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nor'easter
Thread: Nor'easter
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Nor'easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benesailor View Post
Really?? 2 feet; that's a calamity? It seems that the news has really got out of hand. I guess for NYC and Boston that's a lot of snow. I'd hate to see what they would do if they got 8 feet in a weekend. That's 96 inches. They wouldn't know what to do. 5 years ago that happened twice in one month up north in NY! Then again; i watch the news and see catastrophic accidents when they have 3 inches of snow in Tennessee.
I guess i'm used to it.

I'd like to be in the BVI too.
No it is NOT a calamity. People forget very quickly how we spend 5 months in winter. The news media is all about HYPE and SCARE TACTICS, that's what they do..

To me this is simple, it snows we move it around with plows, shovels and snow blowers, end of story. I'll be amazed if we get 7" based on my 3:1 theory about the news media they claim 21" that means 7", they claim 50 knot winds and that means 17 knots......

OMG I'm off to buy batteries, milk and power outage supplies... Yeah right...... When did we become a nation of Chicken Little's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 02-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook