SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets have a chat about multis.
View Single Post
post #62 of Old 02-07-2013
smj

Re: Lets have a chat about multis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Basically all of this 'chatter' is a primary reason why catamaran owners don't get into these discussions with monohull owners.

Not because we (I'm a ex-cat owner, I count as 'we') can't debate the issue, but instead because there is no resolution.
It's apples and oranges - something most monohull owners can understand when it comes to discussing different types of monohull - although even that has some 'fire' to it (witness the full keel thread here).

Some folks though, they just can't come around. I've been told that a catamaran isn't a sailboat by people I've respected, I've been told a boat designed to cruise instead of race is not a sailboat, that instead only boats that are designed to maximize performance are truly sailboats.

We've seen some of that here, in only 6 pages of posts.

I'm pretty sure that when Woody from Latt's and Att's did his circumnavigation in a coastal POS ( IIRC a Cal 27) he didn't worry that the experts said a 40 foot was needed, he didn't care that a CE certification wasn't issued. That piece of paper was good for TP, but didn't float the boat.

I'm not here to argue, some are. Have fun with this, I'm out.
I like both multis and monos. I can see advantages to both and appreciate both but I'm a multihuller at heart. I think this has actually been one of the most civilized mono multi conversations I've been in!
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome