SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

C&C Rendezvous 2013

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  AirborneSF 
#1 ·
Below is a link to a poll regarding the 2013 C&C Rendezvous.

CnC 2013 Rendezvous

Last year it was held at the Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT.

16 classic C&C Yachts/C&C designed yachts showed up.
About 60 people showed via sailboat, planes, trains, or automobiles.
3 dogs attended.

Rob Ball was flown in and gave a wonderful talk on the history of C&C Yachts and we still had $850 dollars left over to donate to the CNCPhotoalbum.com

A private tour of the MORGAN restoration was given, as well as another private tour.

We all made new friends, and generated hangovers.

The question now is, how do we top it?

#3 ·
There are quite a few of us on the Chessie who own C&Cs and are already in touch with each other. We have a Sailnet Rondevous ( 5th year) where we get quite a turnout. Maybe having a C&C one would be a good idea as well some day. Not sure I would want to do it in Annapolis though. Too crowded.

Dave

#7 ·
Rob,

I filled out survey. We will be up in the Sound at the end of August. If the date would change we can make it. Do not change for us though unless there is a lot. Wed love to meet up anyway with you should the date remain in September. It great you are taking the lead and organizing. Thank you.

There are quite a few C&C on the Chessie and maybe a few of us could organize a get together down here in the fall?

#13 ·
We have let the poll run for nearly a month and the results are in.

Publishing the actual results via the fluidsurveys.com website would require a paid subscription. That seems like a waste of resources so I will take the liberty to summarize the results.

We received 40 legitimate responses. For some strange reason, not everyone completed every question. Even stranger, one person wanted us all to travel to Savannah and buy blueberry pie.

Mystic - 6
Clinton - 5
Stonington - 5
Greenport - 5
"Other" - 10

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would not affect the results, one vote each for:
Anywhere accessible by car
Port Jefferson
New London/Groton
Cape Cod
Any port except Clinton
Clinton

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would affect the results, one vote each for:
Stonington, Mystic, Block Island, in that order +1 for Stonington
Block Island, Shelter Island, Milford, Branford +1 for Block Island
Block Island but I fear it may be crowded 9/6 9/8 +1 for Block Island
Any prefer Stonington or Mystic = +1 for Stonington

These "Other" votes change the top two totals:
Block Island - 10
Stonington - 7

Weekend of event:
Sept 6-8 - 13
Sept 13-15 - 12
Other - 13

"Other" write-in votes:
Those who wrote in "open", "any", "either", etc. - 4
Those who wrote in a date in "July", "August", or "before Labor Day" - 4
One vote noted that "Sept 13-15 is Off Soundings, will be full", I count as 1 vote for Sept 6 - 8
Sept 6 - 8 seems to be the winner here.

What to do with the money:
Bring Rob Ball back - 13
Donate to a local Charity - 8
Other - 9

"Other" write in votes:
Give to Stu - 5
Bar/Party - 3
No suggestion - 1
Rob Ball is a clear winner, and again, anything left over can be given to Stu and/or a local charity. Maybe we can do both. Hat's off to those who voted with their liver, kindred spirits are we, first rounds on me!

Event price:
Keep it at $35 - 25
Raise the price - 13

So my math says it's Block Island, September 6, Rob Ball, $35, be there or be square.

David Risch was kind enough to contact Rob Ball and it sounds like he will be able to make it.

For those of you who can't bring your C&C, ferry service is easy, you don't really need a car on Block Island, and could easily park it at the ferry terminal on the mainland.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us who are 1/2 a daysail away might volunteer to sail some attendees over (weather permitting)?

I will contact a hotel within walking distance to Great Salt Pond/The Oar for a group rate if anyone is interested. Please email me.

Block Island is glorious in September! Great Salt Pond is easy in/out, I'm hoping we can all get our for a sail on Saturday afternoon.

Stay tuned.

Rob Gallagher
Trysail att gmail dott comm

#14 ·
Great Job Rob,

Unfortunately we will alrady be back in the Chessie that weekend from our trip to the LI Sound. We will have been at Block the weekend before...drat...woul;d love to have met up with all you guys.

On another note could you possibly PM me or e mail me chef2sail at american OLine. Robs Balls contact information. Maybe J Aaornson and othe owners here in the Chessie could organize a Chesapeake C&C Rondevous down here in the fall time near the Annapolis Boat show time. How do you guys organize it? Do you get him a room. Does he speak? Do you all meet in one place. I have a great club where he could meet and maybe also speak and have a dinner ( it has a restuarnat.)/ The Tartan Rondevous also occurs here in July.

We have many C&C owners down here and they used to have a club/ organization so any help to ehlp us revive it will be welcome.

Dave

#16 ·
You guys are WAY behind puget sound and bc area. Seems to me they are in the 7-10 yr range as to how far and long they have had these kind of things. Even Jeanneau's are in the 10+ yr range, Islander, Ranger tugs, American tug, beneteau, tartan, catalina are all in the 5-10 yr minimum range! I thought you right coasters were ahead of us lefties!?!?!?!?!?

Marty

#20 ·
I was actually think maybe a weekend away from the boat shows may the best as some may be going going to the show. I think one of the succeess was that Rob Gallahgers was in Mystic at the Seaport for a weekend and that they all could dock and hang out. A marina would be ideal for this. That would be hard to reserve spot in Annapolis on the boat show weekends

Galesville may be on the stretch side of this for those with smaller C&Cs to get to from our area. and other than Camp Letts...which is a great place for a gathering, there is no mainas for that many transients. For us on the best of days its 6 hours.

Thats doesnt mean its out, good suggestion lets see if we can get others to bite. We probably should start another thread so we dont hijack Robs:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.