SailNet Community - View Single Post - Craigslist Scam???
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Craigslist Scam???

Easy boys & girls, this is two supposedly bad $100 bills not the Brinks job. The FBI isn't going to come riding in with black Suburbans talking into ear pieces.

CSI is NOT reality.

And we're talking about a Coronado 25, which is probably selling for $1,500 to $3,000 depending on condition. It's not the kind of sale that will attract sophisticated thieves who're counterfeiting bank checks. Nor does it justify wire transfers, lawyers or escrow agents.

As others have pointed out, if the original poster got his bills from an ATM there is a chance they were bad. There's enough to question here that I'd suggest splitting the difference. If not, give me my deposit back and we'll both get on with our lives. It's aggravating but it's not life changing.

I'd only consider bringing in the authorities if the other three bills, when returned were also bogus. That's not a coincidence.

BTW, many of you would be surprised at how disinterested the police can be, even when you're talking about a violent crime with a gun...

It sucks, but you may have a hard time getting someone to take you seriously.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook