SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Alphena One

Another trend on the European market seems to be the increase of high performance luxury day sailers. I guess that it make sense for someone that has only 3 weeks of holidays a year. He will charter on the nice cruising grounds on the summer and for the week-ends he has a smaller boat that will give pleasure to own, more pleasure to sail and that will cost a tiny fraction of what would cost a big cruising boat in maintenance. Smart move that is being reflected in the number of these boats available on the market.

One of the new boats exposed at Dusseldorf was the Alphena and I will not resist to tell you a funny story:

The boat was exposed at the It yachts near the beautiful It IY 13.98 (same dealer) and I had just finished to visit it with the shipyards owner when I saw the Alphena for the first time. I said to him: "Uau!, that's a Brenta?" He laughed and said to me: "Don't tell nobody but that's just a French copy"

In fact having looked at the boat I have to admit it is a very nice one and not a copy, just the same type of boat: Classical/modern lines, narrow with a lot of ballast on a bulb and most of all beautiful. Have a look:

Alphena One | Alphena Yachts

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook