Help choosing a deck-stepped Sailboat
Hello - I am looking for advice on a sailboat purchase, Great Lakes Region; details as follows:
- deck-stepped mast essential, please don't try to convince me that keel-stepped is the way to go :-)
- shoal draft essential, ideal = under 4.5'
- 25' - 35'; with 28' to 33' preferred
- wheel preferred over tiller
- reasonably quick 140 to 180 phrf preferred, but also seaworthy
- prefer lead keel, for this phrf range will likely need to be fin, but I am open to anything, bilge, full, long...
- any engine, except no saildrive - OK with Atomic 4s or diesels, or even an outboard in a well if properly constructed
The boat will be used primarily for daysailing so a good sized cockpit would be advantageous; but it also needs an interior that would be comfortable for short over night stays for my me & my wife. I would like a top quality designer/builder, and a boat without significant concerns such as pox, decks prone to soft spots... I do not want to fix a price, because I do not want to eliminate any suggestions, but I would expect to be able to purchase used for under $60,000 although I have considerable flexibility for the right boat.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions & my thanks in advance!