SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where do you keep your owner's manuals/info?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013
Puget Sound Pounder

kellysails is on a distinguished road
Re: Where do you keep your owner's manuals/info?

I have hardcopies in (3) 3 ringed binders but I have a complete set on my iPad. I had to scan a few of the manuals but it is well worth it. In EVERY use of my manuals so far I have gone to the iPad. I find it is soo much easier to find the right manual when using the iPad. I have yet to find a need for the hard copy version. I will go another six months in this mode. If I don't use the hard copies in that period I am going to vacuum pack the binders and store them away to the deep bowels of the boat. I can't get myself to remove them from the boat but I would like to free up convenient storage areas for other things. I also keep a digital copy of all the manuals on my laptop which I rarely use on the boat.

I have a very basic iPad 1 that someone gave to me. One of the most useful technologies that I have ever owned, and it was free! You can get an iPad 1 very cheap these days. Thinking of getting another one just for redundancy. I also use it for Active Captain on getting the latest on anchorages and marina reviews, handy. AC also has tides and current almanac which I use on occasion.

Last edited by kellysails; 02-08-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook