SailNet Community - View Single Post - Issues with Heating in Annapolis, MD
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013

Kraden313 is on a distinguished road
Re: Issues with Heating in Annapolis, MD

hey Suzanne....we have two oil heaters. They are both Cuori and Kris got them from Home Depot. Each one draws about 12.5 amps. The one we have in the saloon is plugged into our Shore Power A side. Our SP A side can handle 30 amps. SP B side can accommodate 50 amps... that is the side our AC/Heat is on; however, we are not using that side at all now since we are not running the unit. So Kris put the other oil heater up in the V-berth and plugged it in to a heavy duty extension cord and we have it running out of the hatch, down the finger and plugged directly into the pedestal. There would be no way we could run both heaters on A side. We have to really be careful about anything else we use while this heater is plugged in. We can, thank goodness, use the heating blanket on our bed because I don't think that pulls hardly any amps. But we were worried right when we plugged it in. We were waiting for it to trip, but it never did. So that heating blanket is a God send for our room. When we have to use the microwave or coffee pot, we have to turn off the heater first otherwise it will overload and trip the system.....believe me I have done it NUMEROUS times. I did it again the other day when I ran the vacuum.

I am going to try and make it up to the happy hour tonight. If I don't make it tonight, I will make it soon for sure. It sounds like a blast! I have quite a bit of homework I am trying to finish up and got sidetracked today with the water pressure, or lack thereof. But I got it fixed!!!! Hope to see you soon! I will PM my number to you and you can call or text me anytime.

Last edited by Kraden313; 02-08-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook