SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Safe" gasoline containers
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
"Safe" gasoline containers

Is it just me or does it seem like whoever designs "safe" gasoline containers are trying to kill us ? Each time I purchase one of these plastic containers and try to use it they seem more complex and now you almost need two people and four hands just to pour gasoline out of them. Much of the time I end up with gasoline all over the place because so many contortions are required to operate the things. And I'm not exaggerating much.

The latest container has no way to hold it except like a football, no handle, and then with the other hand you are expected to twist a safety locking feature around the spout and then pull it in towards the center of the container to release the gasoline all the while attempting to keep the spout inside of whatever you are filling with gasoline trying not to spill it.

One or two more "safety" features and the containers will be completely unusable.

/rant.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook