SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello from Nova Scotia
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013

CanadianDave is on a distinguished road
Hello from Nova Scotia

hello everyone,

its been a year and half or two since I've stopped by and posted.

had a bit of a mental health problem with stress and depression after my daughter stole my car and wrote it off without any insurance or license. the car was only 2 years old and still had a large lean from the bank and no insurance coverage put me behind in my plans of boat ownership. I recently was diagnosed with Meniere's disease and I know that the effect of vertigo and dizziness is going to be a concern when sailing but its in its early stages and only occurs 2-3 times a month for a couple hours, some times only minutes. I figure its time to get my act together and get on the water and enjoy it now before I'm unable to in the distant future.

But as time has progressed this have gotten better and hoping that by this time next year I will be in the position to buy a older boat. I've been looking at everything from a 25 to 27 ft boat, starting to research some of the boats now and spend some time on board and checking out the ones for sale now. explaining to the owners my plans for purchase next year and almost all of them have been great showing around their boats and talking about concerns and suggestions even though they know I'm not in the position of buying their boat. Had a few offer to take my wife and I sailing this summer as well, met some new friends this way too.

but anyway, wanted to say hello. and looking forward to dropping in more often and checking out everyone's posts and stories and learning some more along the way.

Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook