SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alternatives to buying your own boat
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Alternatives to buying your own boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTony View Post

In anticipation of cruising after I retire, I posted a few inquiries about what other cruisers thought about a single hander and without exception, all replies said don't do it. To tell you the truth, based on my own short duration single handed saling cruises, I would have to agree. ..
Plenty of singlehand cruisers. You just need the right boat, mindset, and experience. I suppose luck helps, too. When I joined the Catalina club the first three women who introduced themselves to me had started out singlehanding 30 foot boats. Here's the blog of a fellow SailNetter who singlehands his 57 footer:

Sailboat “Zanshin” - single handed voyages around the Caribbean, with logbook, pictures and blog pages

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook