Thread: Nor'easter
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Nor'easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeast450 View Post
A 65 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with chains and a Detroit lock front axle. A 7' Fisher hydraulic plow. Low range, 1st gear and Jemesons! Plowing is done for today! It will take another round tomorrow. The snow was knee + deep. Blowing hard still. Lunch time!

Down
We just closed on a house last Monday. I cleared the driveway by hand at the rental, as it is not that long (about 3 car lengths) but we went to the new house and just kept looking at the driveway. Luckily the agent that had the listing for the house we bought came by in a Chevy K2500 with Fisher plow. He charged us $50 to plow it, and I remember just righting out a check for $8000 to him, did not make me happy, and he did a crappy job. but it sure beat trying to shovel a 150 foot driveway and turnaround with 18 inches of snow by hand! And there was no one else even answering phone calls.

We were supposed to start moving this weekend but that got delayed. I think we need to invest in a really big snow blower. I suggested putting a plow on the wife's BMW SUV but she did not like the idea.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook