SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ray Richards Cheoy Lee 41 Offshore??
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013

btrayfors will become famous soon enough btrayfors will become famous soon enough
Re: Ray Richards Cheoy Lee 41 Offshore??

Lorilei,

I resemble that remark :-)

I actually chartered an Offshore 41 in Nanny Cay, Tortola in the 80's. Don't remember which year, but we had her for 3 weeks. Boat was named, "Serentil", I believe, and had an unlikely homeport on the stern, like "Boulder CO", or some such.

Nice boat, good performance.

There's been a liveaboard OS41 at my marina in Washington DC for the past 20 years or so. In fact, she just left a few weeks ago to go into a yard down the river for maintenance and ???

Only other OS42 I've run across over the years is the one I mentioned earlier. She was at Nanny Cay for quite awhile, and was bought by Tom ?? and his wife. He did a lot of work on her and, subsequently, sailed her to the South Pacific and on back to California.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilei View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am hoping to contact someone who goes by "btrayfors" who posted on this thread early on some years ago. He said

"I also have some friends who several years ago bought one in Tortola, proceeded to do major structural improvements (like strengthening bulkheads), and sailed her to the South Pacific and back to Alaska and California."

in reference to a Cheoy Lee Offshore 41'. I am hoping he might remember a bit more about that boat or another CL O41 that was in Roadtown in the '90's. I am looking for information about a particular boat and her whereabouts over the last 20 years. It is purely for fun. Might someday be a writing project. If anyone here thinks they might know anything I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook