SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013

ShoalFinder is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Hi Glenn,

I've followed this thread since it first popped up. I just finished your book and I want to tell you how much I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You have a real gift for giving life to your characters. Even now, I chuckle every time I picture a beer-swilling Burt Reynolds. Joyce is someone I can relate to very well. I have known a number of Joyces in my time. I don't know what you could have done any better with Megan. The girl just can't take a hint, apparently.

You're a tough son of a bitch, Glenn. Your entire trip basically sucked and you sucked it up and kept going. Good on you. You sell yourself pretty short, and I don't know why. You demonstrated some very good problems solving and got yourself out of some real pickles by thinking on your feet. I appreciate that you just put yourself out there, warts and all. I found it refreshingly honest.

I left a review on Amazon where I got my Kindle version. I enjoyed the book very much and thought it was worth leaving a review. I buy a lot of books but I don't ever leave reviews.

Best of luck to you in your current and future endeavors. Please let us know if you get another book published. I'll buy it.

Last edited by ShoalFinder; 02-10-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook