SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Solo sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
The quick thinking and how Bernard went about fixing a serious problem shows most likely that he had thought often of things that can go wrong. One does not have to think of that exact situation before it happens to be able to solve the problem but a series of smaller problems fixed or thought deeply about that related to this type of situation.

As serious sailors and cruisers I hope we all are spending the time to go over situations that could be serious to you and your crew. Always be thinking, observing, spend time to " WHAT IF?"

Cheers

Steve
And I thought I was the only one to do that kind of "" WHAT IF?".

In fact one of the secrets for solo sailing is to think in advance every move you have to do and the right sequence. As most things in life it's easy: You only have to know what to do next and do it as quick as you can. As in life, knowing "what to do next?" and the right sequence is more hard than it seems and requires a fair amount of thought. In an emergency it is not a good time to think what to do next.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook