SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do I get insurance and how much does it cost?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013
Blue Horizons

Harborless is on a distinguished road
Re: How do I get insurance and how much does it cost?

I own a 1979 AMF Paceship PY26 and I live in Jacksonville, FL. I just received a quote from my Geico lady who shopped around my policy to a bunch of marine affiliates and received a quote of 168.93 for the entire year.
However, I got this quote on a Friday this past. There was a stipulation regarding the policy that stated I needed an 'out-of-water survey' to be completed before I could get it. Well, I only spent $2900 on the boat and never got a survey done but since I had practically rebuilt the thing and documented it on photobucket and with marina invoices the Geico lady thought I had a good shot at them allowing me to complete a 'self-seurvey form.' Anyway, since it was Friday early afternoon when I called I did not get a reply back from the marine insurance people regarding the survey hindered so I am waiting right now for a call back today to find out the results-- So just expect the policy to be relatively cheap for a bare minimum liability and pollution and uninsured boaters whatnot but also expect any insurance agent to want a survey to be done on your boat or that HAD BEEN DONE IN THE PAST 30 DAYS***
So, I would think you would be looking at under $200.00 plus the cost of survey unless you can get them to let you do a self-survey instead. I will let you know my results.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook