SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ample Power vs Balmar vs Xantrex
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Ample Power vs Balmar vs Xantrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Thanks Maine... I'd be quite content if I could get up to 50AH steady while motoring... that would mean the ability to recharge the bank in approx 3-4 hours vs 10-12 it would take now... Now even with a relatively low bank, while I charge at 35A or so for 10 minutes it's soon down to 10A or less. Not satisfactory.

Hadn't heard of that one.. will check it out. Thx.
If you are trying to get to 100% with any alternator it is still going to take 10 hours +.. You will charge in bulk faster because you are not limiting the voltage when the alt heats up...

What you are looking to do with any alt is to cycle between 50% and 85% or so state of charge. If on a long motor run then you can get back closer to full but the bank will limit how much current once in absorption mode and this current limit will continue to decline until you are putting in less than 2% of capacity per hour...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook