SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making a living as a liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Making a living as a liveaboard

Travel to foriegn countries and you'll see ton's of foreigners owning businesses. I built and owned a night club in Isla Mujeres. I own property in Honduras, who's motto is " Honduras, we are open for business" I'm contemplating building a bar on my dock, maybe putting out some moorings. Permits are in place to be paid, pay 'em. I've worked under the table in foreign coutries. I built fiber glass sh!t tanks in Belize city. In '92, I was broke and demasted up Haulover creek in Belize city. The owner of the Marina that I was in debt to hired me, he needed a good glass guy. I was under the umbrella of " nobody messed with him." I've run under ground charters. It's not illegal if you don't " charge". Just don't be stupid about it. I've worked legally as a dive master, delivery captain, merchant marine. I painted flowers and moons on t shirts and sold them to mostly Guatemalan tourist's in the mountains of Guatemala. I paid the local administration for a street vendors permit daily. Resourceful is what you need to be, and sometimes have a local partner. People who say you can't do it, have'nt done it, and people who say you can, have.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 02-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook