SailNet Community - View Single Post - Extension cords @ dock
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013

i_amcdn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to i_amcdn Send a message via MSN to i_amcdn Send a message via Yahoo to i_amcdn
Re: Extension cords @ dock

Thanks.
I have no charger right now. Am looking at a 5V solar panel to keep the battery topped up.

We will only be "camping on water" if there is A/C available to run the fans. She will not rely on DC. (wife's rule and wives rule)

Our local Canadian Tire has a contractor's 50' cord on sale and it is pretty damn close to the same guage as regular shore power cord. e.g I would NOT struggle with it to run my electric lawn mower.

As an aside, I was recently at a 12V seminar being run at one of the Toronto rigging shops. They have a bunch of Saturday seminars to generate store traffic in Feb. I did the West Systems one last Sat. At the first one I noticed some shore power cords regularly $90 on sale for $62. Took one to the cash and the kid said "sorry that was the boat show price...no longer valid". Now here in Canada the rule is that if a product is mis-priced the customer gets the lower price regardless of what the computer says.

Except apparently when the rigging shop says no. They re-priced the other two incorrectly price cords and I walked out with nothing and a firm resolve to never buy anything there. Now I may have to bend a bit on that but I was so pissed that they did not care about customer service that it will be a long time before I bend. West Marine here I come.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook