SailNet Community - View Single Post - St Mary's Gov Cup / other Chesapeake Bay races
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013

jasenj1 is on a distinguished road
Re: St Mary's Gov Cup / other Chesapeake Bay races

I don't have enough posts to post links so you'll have to Google the things below

I live in the Hampton area. There are several races here at the extreme south of the Chesapeake.

Southern Bay Race Week aka The Black Seal Cup happens right after the Down the Bay Race. Many boats race down the bay and then stay for SBRW.

There's the "Round the Lights Race" hosted by Old Point Comfort Yacht Club in the fall.
They also host the Tri-Service Cup which is a competition between the yacht clubs from Ft. Monroe, Langley AFB, and Norfolk Naval Base. I don't know if other random boats can join, but you could probably crew.

There's the Neptune Atlantic Regatta which coincides with the Neptune Festival - also in the fall.

The Cape Charles Cup. The Stingray Point Regatta hosted by the Fishing Bay Yacht Club in Deltaville.

Lots of racing opportunities down here. Check Spinsheet's Southern Bay Racing News for more info. spinsheet.com/category/southern-bay-racing-news/

And if anyone needs crew for any of these events, let me know.

- Jasen.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook