Thread: The Jibster
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013
Senior Moment Member

AncientTech is on a distinguished road
Re: The Jibster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
In my experience it's only poverty or reverse snobbery that creates that mindset. Whatever gets you on the water though.
I am not sure about the snobbery but admittedly anyone that could pull it off for years may have an air of self-satisfaction. The two I spoke with seemed very intelligent one even having a similar background as I in technology so if they chose they could be making very good money. Over the weekend I came across, completely by accident, a group of 5 boats all anchored in the same location. These people seemed to come from a very diverse backgrounds. Mostly younger but there were two older persons my age on one of the boats. It seemed to me they were happy, healthy and clean simply enjoying what I (as an older man) would call a bohemian lifestyle. The members of this group had traveled slowly from points North on the eastern seaboard and were now skirting the gulf on their trek ever westward. At first I was taken aback but as I talked with a couple of them I realized they were educated and articulate and above all enjoyed all things sailing. So yes, whatever gets them on the water indeed and fair winds to them all. I myself doubt I could withstand their lifestyle for too long since I am addicted to comfort, electrons and the assimilation of information on a daily basis....and because of that I am envious of them.

Morgan 22
Naples, FL
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook