SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ray Richards Cheoy Lee 41 Offshore??
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013

Lorilei is on a distinguished road
Re: Ray Richards Cheoy Lee 41 Offshore??

Thanks for the quick reply... Bill, I think it was? I was wondering if you could recall the name of the boat your friends bought and refitted? If you cannot recall the name perhaps you might recall the hull color? The boat I am trying to track was fairly distinctive. The timing is about right and she was at Nanny Cay in the late 80's into the 90's so there is a chance she might be the same one. She would not be the one you chartered. I know how she got there and I know where she is now. I am trying to fill in the blanks. Partly just out of curiosity and partly because, as I said, it might be fun to write about at some future date. If it happens to be the same boat it would be very interesting. I am a bit fascinated about the travels of some of these blue water boats from owner to owner and have been looking into the current whereabouts of several I remember from childhood. One was a 12 meter which was rescued from South Africa a few years back, restored and is back in Newport, RI. Another is a wooden schooner which is currently being restored very slowly up in Maine. One was scuttled at her owner's request after he died. One has disappeared without a trace other than a dinghy with her name on the transom. All very interesting stories. This is the "newest" boat on my list. Thanks for the help. L.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook