SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Circumnavigation with a 7.7m boat, a Django.

I don't like it. It is as foolish as the other guy that was sailing a A35 at 50º South, trying to establish a non stop circumnavigation record. The A35 is a great boat with offshore potential but trying to sail it on the stormy Southern ocean is a stunt. If one has luck it will make it if not he would be rescued, as it was the case.

This other guy, trying to circumnavigate with a Django 7.70, is doing the same, I mean a stunt. The Django is a great boat, with care with the weather can even cross the Atlantic but circumnavigate? Maybe he can do it if he is lucky and in that case it would be worse because other guys would think that it is an appropriated boat to do that and may try the same with less luck.

This is not an adequate boat to circumnavigate. The boat was EC classified as a Class B boat, as in my opinion should be:

Mare Haute - Django 7.70

Now this guy says it is a certified Class A boat. I don't know if they managed to alter the boat in a way that it could pass a Class A certification but I doubt it. I don't know any boat with this size that has made it as a Class A:

Le voilier, un Django 7.70

But even if they had managed to certificate the boat as a Class A that does not mean that it is appropriated to circumnavigate.

He is looking for partners for the voyage. Maybe you are interested?

Into the wind | Un bateau , un piolet , un parapente , un tour du monde . . .

The French press is covering the project:

La presse | Into the wind

Well, they should say instead that what this guy is trying to do is a dangerous thing. This is the same type of stunt as 70 old grand mothers or teenagers trying to circumnavigate non stop. These guys should be looked as crazy loonies not has potential heroes and the nautical press should refuse to cover these stunts, not giving coverage to them. well, I guess this sell magazines

The Django 7.70 is a very interesting and seaworthy boat to its size, a very interesting coastal cruiser with some limited offshore potential:

MOVIE:

Django 770 : teaser de l'essai complet en vidéo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook