View Single Post
post #3828 of Old 02-13-2013 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Hey Paulo,
after reading a lot here and otherwere, it becomes clearer what I need:

- a fast boat, especially shorthanded (no regattas!)
- "comfortable" (I need space, no mahagoni) with 4, but also useable with 6 persons
- under 200k (and not older than 5 years)
- under 2m deep
- lots of upwind
- wheel(s), no tiller
- save boat up to 7-8bft

So what about the Salona 35 (maybe with heavier keel)?
Elan 350?
A35?
Sun Fast 3600?

btw: any information on a bigger Seascape? Only heard that there will be one... Sometimes!
Lot's of boats that meet your criteria. I guess that in what regards an upwind boat the bigger limitation is about draft even if you don't say how much under 2.00m you need to go. I guess that in what regards size a 34/35ft is the minimum considering the occasional 6.

For what I understand from previous posts you want to sail actually in places with 2.00 depth. That is much different than to access places with a minimum of 2.00 depth. For instance, with a 2/2.2m depth boat I normally sail off the 10.0m line, start to take care when I come closer. I am really careful with less than 6.0m and don't sail at all with less than 4.0m. I understand that are lot's of places where the water is very swallow for great extensions but in that case I guess one has to carefully consider the options and the draft.

If you are going to actually sail in places with a 2.0 depth it will not be safe to sail in a boat with 1.9m draft.

I guess this will be your mainly limitations in what regards the choice of a boat. Can you clarify better your needs in what regard cruising grounds and depth?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome