SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
No, no, I am going to have save travels with 2.00m. I am sailing crash-free with a 2.05 HR42 for 15 years...

1.80 would at least extend the selection of harbours (but it will slower the boat)...
If you want a boat with a very good upwind performance that will rule out the Elan 350.

200K is a lot of money for a 34/34ft boat. With that I would suggest you two boats that have a very good B/D and will have a feeling of a bigger boat: The Arcona 340 and the Dehler 35. But most of all sail test the boats. Mr K sails on a Arcona 340 (his brother's boat if I am not mistaken) and maybe he can offer you a ride.

For that kind of money you can have a bigger boat, if not one as expensive as Dehler or Arcona and I would say you to Charter a Salona 38 in Croatia. Compare both boat, I mean the Arcona and a basic Salona 38 and see what is the one that seems to fit better your needs and will satisfy you more.

Regarding the Salona 35, as you say, it is a bit low on the B/D for my taste and it seems also yours. That is not such a problem on a bigger boat but can give a smaller one a too sportive behavior as a cruising boat specially if it has so much sail as the Salona 35. Of course, Salona has the advantage of that interior steel grid and the possibility of safely add more ballast and they would do that (or at least they would do for me). I guess that on the 35, with all ballast on a torpedo, it would need only more 150/200kg on that torpedo to fit my bill.

You have also the Dufour 36p option.

The A35 and the Sunfast 3600 are in other class. Faster but with a much more limited cruising interior. First see if that interior fits your bill in what regards storage, tankage and interior comfort and if so that would be the kind of boat that would give more sailing pleasure.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-13-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook