SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to community, new to sail boat owning!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013

Atlbsky is on a distinguished road
New to community, new to sail boat owning!

I'm sure most of you here saw the title of this, and said, oh Lordy, here comes the questions! I have just obtained my first sailboat, after years of standing on the shore and longing. I'm overwhelmed with joy about it.

The boat is a 1978 Kenner Kittawke, and is in very good shape. There is definitely some work needed, but from what I can tell, and what I have prepared myself for, nothing too intimidating.

I really have just a couple of questions. I'm taking posession of the boat next weekend. My thought is to dry store the boat until I'm ready to put it under sail (One of the first things I have to do is either buy or build a new rudder, and the hull needs to be painted, hence the dry storage). The boat does not have a trailer. Is it unreasonable to expect that I can find a yard to put the boat in that will also assist me with getting it trailered and moved there? Does anyone have experience in this area that might know what to expect cost-wise?

I'm going to start calling places this week to find a location, and the information that I need. Just thought I would start here and get some truly expert advice first, if available.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook