SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marinas-West/Rhode/South Rivers?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Re: Marinas-West/Rhode/South Rivers?

Shawn,

If HHS is the closest place to your house but you are looking for something less flashy and lower priced, you should expand your search area to include HHN (unless you're already ruled it out on price) and Shipwright Harbor. HHN is somewhat less than HHS, the boatyard and West Marine are right there and the pool is arguably nicer than at South.

Shipwright is, shall we say, "rustic" in comparison to either HHN or HHS, but we find we're happier there than while based at HHS. They have small but decent pool that is never crowded (unlike HHS which was ALWAYS crowded) and there is a nice picnic area for cooking or hanging out off the boat. The docks are just OK and finger piers are shorter than I'd like. However, I'll take the easy entrance/exit to my short fingerpiered dock over having to fight my way in/out to my full lenghth finger piered dock at HHS. Also, many slips have easy shoreside access to the bath house and parking so, loading is less hassle as is a call to the head.

You do have to deal with Long Bar to get out to the Bay, but its open enough that you can be sailing shortly after exiting Rockhold Creek, and with your draft, you have the option to cut the bar if heading toward West River, Annapolis or points north, at least on a high tide.

Your T37 would need the same sized slip as my boat so if you pay annually and get the 10% discount you'd be around $3800/yr.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 02-13-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook