SailNet Community - View Single Post - re: toast/toasted bread aboard?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: toast/toasted bread aboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
We had one of those .... effing useless bloody things. Tried these also and they are both worthless ...

Summer is easy, flat on the BBQ, works fine but not so good for winter. If going full breakfast (the only time we have toast) then I'm content with fried bread for the bacon and eggs.

Ive never seen one of Fast's units down under. Our old boat had a Force 10 with broiler and that was as good as I've seen. Sadly the new girl does not have the broiler.
When my daughter was 8 years old she became the "Toast Mistress" on our boat using our REI SS Toaster while her mom made the rest of the breakfast and she has managed to produce a flood of perfectly toasted bread, bagels and English muffins for the last 12 years without difficulty. From this I am gathering that it is so easy, even a 3rd grader can do it, no?
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."

Last edited by svHyLyte; 02-13-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook