SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
The Arcona is a real beauty. I wonder why it is lighter but has lots more of ballast. Will it even be the faster boat (compared to Salona)?

I think the SF3600 will be comfortable enough, but 2.15m might be too much. How expensive will it be?
Lighter with more beam and more ballast means a more powerful and stiff boat. Yes the Arcona 340 is faster, but not much. The Salona has a more modern keel with a torpedo and that helps to maximize its ballast.

Nothing better that handicap rating to give you an idea of a boat speed potential. Using the Nordic one (LYS), the arcona 340 has 1.29 and the Salona 34R (same hill as the 35) has 1.26, so yes, the Arcona 340 is slightly faster. Both are fast boats. To give you an idea a Bavaria 44 has 1.24 (the bigger the number the fastest the boat.

I don't know about the price of the SF3600. Probably not much more than the one of the Arcona 340 but that boat is more intended to race than to cruise. Look at some things he have said about the boat, as not having a decent access to a cockpit locker or having a very small galley:

http://www.navark.se/wp-content/uplo...hyr_sf3600.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Thanks Marty. Almost all those pictures were posted but that PDF gives new information even if none in what regards the interior that seems to be the negative part of this boat, in what regards performance cruising. However I could not access the internet pages you have posted. They ask me to log in

I guess that you are refereeing to this:

http://www.navark.se/wp-content/uplo...hyr_sf3600.pdf

The new images:

The overall shape of the hull seems great to me for a 36ft boat but the only access to cockpit storage is very small. Even if the space is considerable, as I suppose, it would have a difficult access. Given the storage space it is certain that for cruising, or even offshore racing this is a one cabin only boat since the other cabin would be full of stuff (4 persons anyway). If so it is difficult to understand why one of the cabins has not a cockpit access, like for instance on the J 111.
Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-14-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook