SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beta Marine
Thread: Beta Marine
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013

bvermeer is on a distinguished road
Re: Beta Marine

Hey! I got a reply! I sent a third e-mail (this time to the sales department) and got an immedate reply from the technical department with an apology for failing to respond the previous two times. It appears that they have an in-house solution that may solve the noise issue.

Dear Bert

I am sorry for not replying, I should have replied straight away, but as time went on I forgot to do it.

Anyway from what I can hear the noise is greater in gear at low speed than in neutral, is that the case? We do have a different drive plate that is designed for use with Aquadrive units, this plate is a progressive roller plate and is very good at absorbing torsional vibrations. I don’t normally fit this type of plate to the small engines but from what I can make out on the recording the noise sounds like torsional vibration. To fit this plate the inertia plate must be changed, so it will involve removing the engine from the leg, and then removing the flywheel housing. The inertia plate can then be changed, then fit the new plate. What do you think?

Best regards Laurance

I will see what develops. If this solves the noise problem then I will be extremely pleased with the entire set-up!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook