SailNet Community - View Single Post - Blue Jacket 40 (new racer/cruiser)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Blue Jacket 40 (new racer/cruiser)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaltersmi View Post
Here's a few BJ40 details I shot at the Chicago debut:

photo ead3614f-2633-4e11-918f-7caa3d0e16cc_zps524899eb.jpg
Mast plate/hardware

photo a64b4349-f4f2-4e6f-8f9c-1ab72862b148_zps28086cf2.jpg
Cockpit propane locker

photo a0f6bdaa-661e-4fee-aa33-3f88d97eec90_zpsdde0f045.jpg
Starboard aft stateroom
Nice details and quality material. Did not understand also that Bob Perry review neither it's opinion about the boat. He says the boat is too light to be a serious cruiser but 7.500Kg is just average among performance cruisers and even some mass production cruisers like the Jeanneau 409.

http://www.sailingmagazine.net/boats...blue-jacket-40

I hope the boat is a success. It is certainly better than the average US production and as a fast cruiser I see potential in the boat. Not as an offshore racer, as they also claim the boat to be designed for and that mostly on the account of the rigging.

No more photos?

I found this video and photos:

but not a form to embed it so you will have to look here:

http://www.sailmagazine.com/boat-news/blue-jacket-40

According to Johnson, the boat is designed to provide sparkling performance combined with the necessary sea-keeping qualities for safe, comfortable offshore passagemaking. The result is a boat that looks sturdy and fast, and is drop-dead gorgeous.

I have said that I like the hull and even more on this photo. As expected this is a boat that can take heel upwind and that hull is designed to provide max hull form stability at some substantial heel angle. That angle will also provide the biggest contribution from ballast. This boat is going to be a fast upwind boat.

Cheers

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook