SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making a living as a liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

DougSabbag is on a distinguished road
Re: Making a living as a liveaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Travel to foriegn countries and you'll see ton's of foreigners owning businesses. I built and owned a night club in Isla Mujeres. I own property in Honduras, who's motto is " Honduras, we are open for business" I'm contemplating building a bar on my dock, maybe putting out some moorings. Permits are in place to be paid, pay 'em. I've worked under the table in foreign coutries. I built fiber glass sh!t tanks in Belize city. In '92, I was broke and demasted up Haulover creek in Belize city. The owner of the Marina that I was in debt to hired me, he needed a good glass guy. I was under the umbrella of " nobody messed with him." I've run under ground charters. It's not illegal if you don't " charge". Just don't be stupid about it. I've worked legally as a dive master, delivery captain, merchant marine. I painted flowers and moons on t shirts and sold them to mostly Guatemalan tourist's in the mountains of Guatemala. I paid the local administration for a street vendors permit daily. Resourceful is what you need to be, and sometimes have a local partner. People who say you can't do it, have'nt done it, and people who say you can, have.

Now THIS is the spirit! Bravo Captain!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook