SailNet Community - View Single Post - Summer 2013 New England SailNet Rendezvous
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013

billsull is on a distinguished road
Re: Summer 2013 New England SailNet Rendezvous

I'd also like to participate once we can find a place and time. The idea of an "aerial" photo shoot of the assembled fleet is intriguing. I checked out the bridges between the Cape and Eastern CT and there aren't too many that would allow for easy photography. The ones that do are in CT and are not centrally located for all NE sailors.

If the bridge idea doesn't work, perhaps we could get a plane or helicopter to overfly the rendezvous? I have a couple of bro-in-law pilots in the area and they are always looking for an excuse to go flying - if they couldn't make it, I'm sure they could recommend someone. Or maybe there is a Sailnut that also flies?

No pedestrians allowed:
Braga Bridge (I-195), Fall River MA
Mt. Hope Bridge (Rte 114), Portsmouth/Bristol RI
Jamestown Bridge (Rte 138), Kingstown/Jamestown RI
Newport Bridge (Rte 138), Jamestown/Newport RI
IWay Bridge (I-195), Providence RI
Washington Bridge (I-195), Providence/E.Providence RI (Walkway closed for construction)

Bridges with pedestrian access:
Sakonnet River Bridge (Rtes 24/138), Portsmouth/Tiverton RI - Pedestrians only allowed on North side of new bridge. Old bridge blocks view of water from new bridge. Limited maneuvering room near bridge.

Bourne Bridge (Rte 28), Bourne MA - Pedestrian access on the southbound side of the bridge. Limited time for photo shoots due to fast currents in the Cape Cod Canal. Sailboats must motor through the canal.

Sagamore Bridge (Rtes 3/6), Sagamore MA -Pedestrian access on the northbound side of the bridge. Limited time for photo shoots due to fast currents in the Cape Cod Canal. Sailboats must motor through the canal.

Gold Star Memorial Bridge (I-95), New London/Groton CT - Pedestrian access on north side of bridge. Decent maneuvering room near bridge. Near USCG Academy.

Baldwin Bridge (I-95), Old Saybrook/Old Lyme CT - Pedestrian access on north side of bridge. Decent maneuvering room near bridge. Near my mooring!
Bristol 24
Old Saybrook, CT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook