SailNet Community - View Single Post - For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30

OK, the waiting is driving me NUTS. I have plotted courses (a few different ways, depending on the weather, how tired I get, etc.), found marinas/docks/anchorages, figured out what I need to bring, orderd a few things, read most of the write-ups about the boat, read more about sailing, etc. My wife and I are scouting out marinas this weekend, and then hopefully that decision will be made soon, too. Now, all I can do is wait for the 8th and the survey.

I DO need to get in touch with the USCG/NJ Marine folks who are responsible for some of Barnegat Bay. Any suggestions on how to go about that? I found the NJ department (in the Environment department, I think) that's based in Forked River, and tried E-mailing them since they are responsible for some of the channel markers in the bay, but they haven't replied.

Otherwise, I wait. Gahhhh!
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook