SailNet Community - View Single Post - seacock location
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Re: seacock location

Wow, active threads in the Pearson forum? I'm excited!

For the OP-

Centerline aft:

The engine cooling water through-hull is located behind the pop-out panel to the left of the companionway steps.

The galley sink drain through-hull is there as well, but be advised that there probably is not a seacock on it. It's just a large, fiberglass standpipe. Do not damage it.

Stbd side forward:
Head sink drain through hull is under the sink (obviously). Again, standpipe with no through-hull unless someone added one later.

Port side amidships:
Under the port settee, remove the pop-out panel, the head flushing water supply through-hull is located here. Also, knotmeter through-hull may be located here.

Port side forward:
Under the port V-berth cushion, you'll find a pop-out panel that exposes a large stowage area. Also in the stowage area you'll find the head overboard discharge seacock. Use caution, do not store large, heavy objects in that space that could damage the through-hull.

Optional:
You may find your depth transducer through-hull directly under the V-berth by removing the bottom drawer on the athwartships panel in the head/V-berth boundary.

The fresh water tank is also installed directly under the center of the V-berth. There is also a stbd stowage area under the V-berth.

All of this assumes that your boat was not modified, and is near to mine in hull number. I'm #255 for what it's worth to you.

Hope that helps.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook