SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013
A palapa awaits me...

Razcar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Razcar
Re: instrument mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by roline View Post
Installing instruments so you can see them while sailing and fold them inside for storage or when its time to drop the chute. It also allows for watching depth while at anchor at night while inside. I did this project on my Santana525 over 10 yrs ago. Plywood scraps, 2 sets of hinges and a couple spring loaded cabinet closure stoppers. When in the folded in position, I did not add additional fastening to hold them in position. I thought of adding magnets, that would have been real bright especially next to the compass!!!! The wire cables had the spiral plastic sheave over them to hold them in a neat bundle. It acted to help position them in the inward position. The main reason behind my madness of mounting the instruments on the folding doors is that I don't like to drill holes in boats........ If a hole is already there I don't mind modification of it.....
This is really innovative. I love it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook