SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI laws
Thread: BVI laws
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: BVI laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInMD View Post
Thanks for your reply. They're not bad people. If I say not onboard I beleive they will respect that.

If it's not this trip it could happen another time so I want to know where I would stand as captain in the BVI. I know the rules in the USA and have no problem making my rules clear if I think there might be a problem with someone.

Based on the information in your post, if someone were caught onboard with pot it would be their problem alone, and not mine. Could this be correct?
As captain, I am not sure that is the case. And how much are they going to have aboard? At some point you go from user to seller based upon quantity, right?

Honestly, that might be a lawyer question and I wouldn't take anything from someone on Sailnet as advice - and I do not mean that meanly. It's just that could have serious implications and you need solid legal advice on that one.

My opinoins.

Brian

PS On a lighter side, have you considered suggesting they charter in Puget Sound instead? (snicker)

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook