SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#2,611 ·
Yes sometimes I get hooked and spend a lot of time own this thread, like the recent post by Fallard at Mystic. Took me a long time but was enjoyable and I learned a lot, firstly when I was in the wrong place looking at tall ships in Sweden, Holland, and then when I narrowed it down to East coast USA, where have never visited.

Mostly not much time, check sailnet from my Ipad which i can do on the bus to work, on my boat, or while i am preparing dinner. :)

#2,612 ·
After my first wild guess, y went to Perth using maps.google.com, then enabled Pictures, and activate filter tag "bridge", and that is all. In browser mode you can see thumbnails of pictures, and discard the ones that are very different even in a large zoom out of the map.
In the other hand, have to say I'm my own boss, and I'm about to fire myself for being so much time on this game, which I prefer over any facebook, twitter or locals news paper.

Picture will be in a while, have to work a bit.

have fun

#2,615 ·
I spend most of my day either talking with clients or working on this thing so I keep Sailnet and youTube running in the background and just have a look see every now and then.

Damn you Lawrence... I sat here staring at that shot and forgot completely that you are a SandGroper. Shoot.

#2,621 ·
Another historic vessel replica in an historic port. We need the name of both. The vessel is associated with some notable "firsts".

Didn't want to make this too easy: the photo resolution was lowered enough that you would need quite a bit of imagination to figure out the name on the travelift.

#2,627 ·
guessed it was private bacause the mooring and the tender. You cofirmed that with the sale info. Fiber glass replica? uh 61ft! 13 working cannons, great sloop for mozambique coast and some other piracy places.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk now Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.