SailNet Community - View Single Post - Poor 'none' Factory Response
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006

DaveMancini is on a distinguished road
Rick,
I am a worrier by nature. My stress comes from making sure everthing is comming together timewise. We have sold our house to afford this and are living in a hovel month to month. We are arranging storage for everything we own that's not going on the boat. We are collecting all the bits that will go on the boat and they are piled high in the hovel (chain, anchors, stove, etc.). We live 1000 miles from where the boat will be launched, so we are having to organize getting all the bits we have collected for the boat to the boat after having sold our cars. We are both still working so we have the timing associated with leaving our jobs involved. We are having to rearrange all our finances for an extended stay out of the country, including international health insurance, etc.. All of this revolves around when exactly the boat will be ready, which is a moving target, although PSC has done their best to pin it down to within a few weeks plus or minus. This launch date is muddled by all of the custom stuff I've thrown at PSC to do/not do to the boat. Finally, we are trying to get everything done/installed before May 1 and the start of the hurricane season so we can squeeze by to the South Pacific. You probably get the picture.
Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook