SailNet Community - View Single Post - my boat dances on a ball
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: my boat dances on a ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIVALO View Post
My H-260 dances around the anchor like a stripper on a pole. So did my Mac-25 before her. it annoys me to no end but I have no way of stopping it since i have no real backstay to hank on a riding sail. Good news is its anchored in front of my house and therefor not in any danger of hurting itself or another boat.

Brad
Brad--

A riding sail does not need to be set on a back-stay. Take a look at Post #2 in this thread. A small Banner Bay Fin-Delta Riding Sail needs only a topping lift or halyard to set and will solve you problems. If you have a Bimini, a small spreader bar made of plastic pipe can be set up between the after guys and chafing gear wrapped around the guys where they might come in contact with the Bimini. On a boat the size of yours, you could likely use an old jib from something like a JY or Lido, picked up at a used sail dealer, set free flying and you'd be in business.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook