SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Member-And I need a boat
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013
Soon to be sailor

captaintim1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to captaintim1
Re: New Member-And I need a boat

Wow I actually got some replies. Very cool. I'm sure in the coming months I will have a lot of questions while I'm getting ready so I sure appreciate it. I've been looking at all those sites for about 5 years now. Just haven't been in the position to buy until now. I'm looking for a boat for 1, just me. Something small as I'm not into fancy equipment nor do I need tons of room. I've only sailed a 25' C & C which I lived on for about 3 months. I would like a bit more room that that, but I'm a very simple person. I'm not sure what the plans are, but in a couple months when I find one and move aboard, I don't have any time restraints, so I would like to hit the East Indies for a while, 6 months, a year...not sure, and then decide if I want to head west.

I do have my eye on a few boats, such as the Island Packet 31, Westsail 32, Contessa 32, Cape Dory 30 cutter, and the Niagara 31. If anyone has any input on any of these or have sailed any of these I would appreciate any information. I have been looking at older boats because I just really want a solid rig and proven track record. That's my story. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook