SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ideas and/or guidance
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Ideas and/or guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedsooner View Post
Cruisingdad,

Do you have any suggestions as far as marinas for storage in the St. Pete area? I saw on another thread several complements for the Indiantown Marina that is inland a bit from Pt. St. Lucie. The rates are at least half of those I saw posted for a couple places in the caribbean. Florida is likely the most logical choice starting out the more I think about it. I do have what is another somewhat silly question. Are the water temps in south florida/bahamas in January/Feb ok to swim in? My boys are 7 and 4 currently and like the boating more for the swimming/exploring than the sailing. Having good swimming opportunities would make my life much easier. I am getting pretty excited thinking about all of this. Thanks again for all the advice

Eric
Eric,

I am typing this from the Harborage Marina in St Pete right now. We found this an awesome place and really good people. Salt Creek is right beside it and they will put your boat on the hard for when you are gone. St Pete is a wonderful place and one of the best we have found as cruisers to date. You also have Tampa Interntaional airport that is about 20 minutes away and you should be able to get flights easily and cheaper than distant locations.

There is also the city marina here and St Pete Yacht Club, but one has a high admission price and the other is not nearly as nice as the Harborage.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I am happy to help.

Take care,

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook