SailNet Community - View Single Post - $6,600 to rebuild Atomic 4? replace/rebuild
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013

tommays will become famous soon enough
Re: $6,600 to rebuild Atomic 4? replace/rebuild

Moyer gets between 3000 and 6000 + dollars for a rebuild

Now I know your spoiled because you live in a freshwater area BUT I own TWO saltwater A4s and even with the unit in Seafever having been converted to FWC 30 years ago

I can assure you unless you can drill out bolts much faster than me you will not have one apart in 10 days let alone 10 hours because I had to use supreme caution to break as few things as possible to return it to its current state and that was still over about 2000 in parts as I forgot about all the stuff I used from my second motor and did not have to buy

Stuff like rust wiping out the seal area on the output coupling Is a 65 dollar part and it just keeps going up till you hit a pretty big number

If seafevers block had needed a bore job you would have had to drill out ALL 18 studs and a whole bunch of other stuff to get it to the point it could even be put in a boring machine

mucho rust

The donar motor saved me mucho money

The motor mounts that now move ,water pump that pumps and valves SO you can service the impeller without dumping the antifreeze was over 600 dollars alone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tommays; 02-16-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook