SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving sailboat to Savannah from Seattle...
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Moving sailboat to Savannah from Seattle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Not sure who or what pacific trailers is.....there is aplace in bellingham that can custom build a trailer for you. Along with it would not surprise me if you could not get one from some of the other boat trailer places also.
Going south or somehow thru denver would be best. If you do it in the summer, then go I90 etc out of here. I90 is not that bad for grades etc overall.

Marty
Marty... Thanks I will look into the Bellingham trailer place... I sent the data to Pacific trailers to see how long it would take to get a custom made trailer... we'll see about the quotes and time frames to get it to my marina.

Regarding the dates to move the boat it will have to be March, son will be gone over the summer on college excursion... planning on I-5 south to Bakersfield and I-10 all the way till I-75 then I-16 straight into Savannah... I have done this route over 6 times in the past... yes gas will be the big culprit and I figure a good $1500 approx or more in gas/diesel... looking to get the boat down without too much cost... towing it down myself seems the most frugal... but there is always doubt somewhere...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook