SailNet Community - View Single Post - Exploring Titusville Municipal Marina
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013
Winch Fouler

TheWollard is on a distinguished road
Exploring Titusville Municipal Marina

Today I drove to Titusville Municipal Marina (in Florida) to investigate keeping a boat there. I'm working towards buying a boat by next summer and need more info to make an informed decision. There are so many options and I've never actually been to any of the marinas in this area. I will tour more options next weekend.

It seemed clean and well kept. While walking the docks my wife and daughter spotted several manatee and dolphins. Beautiful view of the Kennedy Space Center. Lots of sailboats at the dock and out at the mooring field.

The docks aren't locked. What is your opinion on this? I was able to stroll along and even look over a few boats listed for sale. Nobody questioned me. I am not especially concerned with this. Should I be? Have you ever had an item stolen while in port at a marina?

The attendant in the ship store wasn't especially helpful. Not a salesman for sure. I told him I was interested in learning more about the marina and policy. He handed me a simple pamphlet then basically ignored me.

Have you stayed over in Titusville? What did you think?

Should I call ahead to marina's when I want to inspect/inquire or is dropping in acceptable?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook