SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

JackandJude is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

I haven't read all this thread, but would like to encourage every young person to take courage and follow your dream. I am 68, been sailing since a young man of 30 who jumped in over his head and battled to stay afloat. It has never been easy, but I have sailed the world, raised my children afloat, self-educated them in a life experience never excelled. We, my darling lady and I only had one asset until we were over forty. By which time we were quite clever and skilled having done everything ourselves because we never had money even though I have worked long hours.
Somewhere on that magical voyage I became a master of ships. And now that we are older, we play with our eight grandchildren for half of the year, and sail our veteran vessel the other, still venturing to exotic rare places where Nature is supreme.
Yes, the world has changed. Man has continue to f--k it up seeking his shekels. But there is still adventure out there. There are still memories worth remembering until the last breath is expired.
So where are are you young ones? Haven't you the guts to take a chance on life. Have you been brainwashed into thinking pirates hid behind every headland? Be bold. Be brave, work hard, and above all, be smart. Don't let life slip by.
We run a website to encourage the young and young at heart. How else will we save planet Earth from man's wicked lust for more and more. It will soon be in your hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Authors and Filmakers
Explore - Dream - Discover
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook